The ‘Level 5’ human resources service provides a larger organisation with a complete Strategic Human Resource Management (SHRM) programme designed to ensure that they are making the best use of their investment in their people.
All business face ‘strategic problems’ connected with competition and environmental issues such as political, economic, social or technological pressures. To successfully manage the business through such problems organisations need to develop strategies to cope with them. Successful business need to get their choices of ‘capable people’, ‘appropriate business goals’ and ‘relevant resources’ right.
In addition, organisations need to have a sustained advantage over their competitors if they are going to continue to prosper. What works today, may not work tomorrow, and the People Programmes SHRM programme helps an organisation deal with the HR issues facing them today, as well as prepare them for the challenges of tomorrow.
What are the advantages to my organisation?
- Best Fit for Your Organisation: Whilst we are guided by best practice, all SHRM activities are geared around the needs of your organisation. We will never try to force a standard solution into your organisation; we will always provide a solution that is right for you.
- Leveraging Existing Resources: ‘working smarter not harder’ may be a cliché, but an SHRM programme can help an organisation eliminate waste and re-working and get all of your people focused on the key issues facing your business.
- More than Just HR: Through a number of partner organisations, People Programmes can also call upon experts in Occupational Health, Coaching, General Management, Marketing and Sales to provide a complete strategic solution for your business.
What Is Included?
The People Programmes SHRM programme typically consists of a number of activities:
- A briefing meeting to discuss the key business objectives and existing organisational issues/concerns (including political, economic, social or technological pressures).
- Undertake a review of the management processes and the organisation’s workplace culture to identify any imbalances that need addressing. This can be managed in a number of ways including, questionnaires, interviews with managers and employees, observation and customer service surveys.
- Undertake a review of existing employees to identify valuable and scare resources that would be difficult to replace; unique skills that would be difficult for a competitor to imitate; and utilisation of skills to ensure there is a suitable return to the organisation’s management and shareholders.
- Preparation of a report, which includes implementation plans to address existing issues and prepare the organisation to exploit their future.
What Solutions Are Available?
The following solutions have been utilised with other clients, and provide an indication of the type of strategic support People Programmes are able to offer:
- Coaching Programme for New Managers
- Organisational Design
- Project Management of Implementation
- Process Re-engineering
- Design of New Performance Management Systems
- Design of Reward Programmes to retain key skills
- Sales and Marketing training and coaching
What Does It Cost?
The fees for providing the People Programmes SHRM Programme will vary according to the exact nature of the service being provided, the likely length of the engagement and whether specialist from other disciplines will need to be involved. People Programmes will always make sure to offer a best value for money proposition and will agree fee rates in advance and hold them for a specified period.
Alternatively, where there is an agreed scope for a complete project, a fixed fee can be agreed in advance to cover all relevant activities and expenses.
Please contact us to get an estimate of the cost for your organisation: